Palace Of Kropotkinyh

  • 1
  • 0

In the 17th century Sigulda castle became the seigneurial Manor formed. To this day there are a few buildings, erected in the 18th and 19th centuries during the masters von der Borhov and Kropotkinyh-year old Castle, New Castle, White Castle, House burmistra, house servants House, laundry, cellar, barn for storage of root crops and vegetables.

The new Palace (Kropotkinyh Palace) was built in Sigulda Princess Olga Kropotkinoj, née Countess von der Borch, in 1878-1882, predzamka Orden's castle on the site. Kropotkinyh Palace was built in the style of the neo-Gothic tûdovskoj of major processed, boulders. Supervised Cesis Mason Jānis Mengelis.

The Kropotkinyh, who were in the Palace during the summer months, there were many dignitaries from the capital.

During the first world war, the building was destroyed.
In 1921, the restored Palace of Kropotkinyh passed into the possession of the State. In 1923, the palace housed the society of journalists. In 1930, in the Windows were stained glass palace m. toe the line "four seasons". In the building were beautiful to. Skuinâ.

In 1936-1937, in the Palace-House or Palace press was carried out adjustment. Designed by architect a. Birkansa has increased the height of the tower. The Interior of the famous Latvian artists Vilis Vasarin′ŝ, Latvia: Niklavs Strunke, Pēteris Karlis OZOLINS, Sunins.

During the second world war, the Palace was used for the needs of the staff of the Kropotkinyh Nord German army. After the war, the USSR Council of Ministers has placed in the Palace of the rest house for officials of higher rank.
In 1953, the palace housed cardiology and climatic health resort/sanatorium "Sigulda".

After the restoration of Latvia's independence in 1991, the Palace of the Kropotkinyh went to the State and from 2003 onwards is the Sigulda City Council, restaurant.

Next to the new castle is the so-called Yellow House (the Old Castle). It was built in the classical style in the change of the 18th and 19th centuries. The wooden building was erected under the direction of the longitudinal master of the town, called the last Livonian Vidzeme, Marcisa Sarumsa. Kropotkin lived here prior to the completion of the construction of a new Palace. There is a small church, where the service for owners of the estate.

Расположение на карте